First Time or Guest Rider
Welcome!! Come and ride with a great group of people.
A guest rider means that you can ride with us. However, if you intend to ride with the Sumter Landing Bicycle Club more than once, then you will have to join the club. This is due to insurance and liability issues.
Club rides in groups vary in speeds from 10 - 20+ mph. Ride Levels
Most rides last 2 – 3 hours including a break or two.
See schedule for ride start locations and times. Ride Schedule
Each ride has a designated ride leader and sweep.
Pedal assist E-bikes are welcomed, as are recumbents and trikes.
Majority of our rides use the local roads.
• Please arrive 15 minutes early.
• Need signed liability waivers. Fill out at the ride start or we request you download the 2 waivers, print, sign and bring to the ride start. Waivers
• Water bottle or other source of hydration (e.g., Camelbak)
• Rear facing mirror – required on subsequent rides
• Bicycle in good operating condition
• Bring a spare tube
• Bring additional hydration during May-Sep
• Bring a snack since many of the break spots do not have a place to purchase
• Ride single file
• Commands called out by every rider
• Use hand signals
• Overlapping wheels
• Audio equipment
• Use of aero bars
• Using the “Clear” command
• Operation of any E-bike in a “Throttle Only” mode